I absolutely love peanut butter!! Whether it's in a sandwich or ice cream or milkshake or cookie or even on it's own... I adore it!!!!!!! It's something about the sticky, salty, sweet combination that made me fall in love with it and have you seen the scene in Meet Joe Black where Brad Pitt ate some peanut butter off the spoon? How can anyone not want to try some after watching that? Peanut Butter can be so sexy! hahaha
Alright, enough of that and back to the recipe. :P I suddenly felt like having some peanut butter cookies and since I always have peanut butter at home, i went searching for recipes. One in particular caught my eye as it didn't contain flour at all. The main ingredients were just peanut butter, sugar and eggs. As always, interesting recipes like this don't fail to intrigue me and I just had to try it out, again with some scepticism.
These turn out crispy on the side, a little chewy in the centre and it was stuffed with the taste of peanut butter so yeah! it's a winner!!!!!!!!
Adapted from All Recipes
Ingredients (Makes around 20)
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
(Note: Using Soft Brown Sugar will make the cookie softer. Use White castor sugar if you like a crisper one)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg then stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This post has been submitted to the #cookielove bloghop! If you like to join in the fun, just link up any cookie recipe from the month of Dec 2011 to show some #cookielove!