Foodbuzz

Saturday 7 January 2012

Citrus Bloghop: Lemon Lime Basil Cookies

Pin It!
Jan is the month to show some #citruslove and this month I feel very privileged to be hosting this together with some amazing bloggers from all around the globe! I love citrus fruits as their tangy flavour somehow perks me up! There's this lemon and lime shower gel I use that does wonders to wake me up in the morning!
When I first heard that citrus was the theme of the month, I immediately thought of this recipe I came across on Chasing Delicious. Fresh flavours of lemon, lime and basil all in a chewy refreshing cookie ...this is one that I'll be making more often to remind me of summer in these cold winter months. It'll also probably work quite well if basil is replaced with Thyme? Since lemon and thyme are always a good combi?
Adapted from Chasing Delicious

Ingredients
110g light olive oil
85g granulated sugar
65g soft brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Zest from 1 lemon
Zest from 1 lime
2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
200g bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions
1. Preheat an oven to 190°C/375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream the sugar and olive oil together..
3. Add the egg, vanilla, zests and basil and mix in well.
4. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined and everything is evenly distributed.
5. Spoon the dough onto the lined baking sheets. This recipe will make 32 medium sized cookies.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes; 8 minutes will yield a very soft doughy cookie whereas 12 minutes will yield a crispier cookie.
7. Let cool for a couple minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January is #citruslove month!
Please join in on the #citruslove fun by linking up any citrus recipe from the month of January 2012. Don't forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #citruslove event! The twitter hashtag is #citruslove :). 

This bloghop is co-host by 
Easily Good Eats ~ Three Cookies
Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose


44 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's and I love this cookie. I make a similar one too - they are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. I made lemon cookies sometime ago and they were awesome, I thought I would make it often but never did. Thanks for the reminder. I guess having some of these cookies for breakfast after your lemon shower will perk you up even more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these cookies look absolutely beautiful!Such refreshing flavors as well.Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of putting herbs into my cookies.. and lemon would be so refreshing! this reminds me of the rosemary scones i made earlier.
    Thanks for always making time to drop by my blog, was too swarm with stuff to personally visit and thank you. Happy new year Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting cookie - love the combo of lemon, lime and basil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these from Russell's site a few weeks ago (with out the lemon) for #cookielove and loved them! So delicious. The basil is the perfect addition to the citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unusual cookie and it sounds FAB!! I want to make these, looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something about citrus and basil goes so well together! These look like a tasty treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this somewhere else and had bookmarked the recipe. This is a sign that I must bake these. I love the flavour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm coming over to your house! These cookies look and sound heavenly Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've added rosemary in cookies before and loved the hint of herb in the cookie so I know this must taste awesome! Looking forward to trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from citrus bloghop! Beuatiful photo's. Love checking out everybody's recipes, all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Sylvia! What a tempting little cookies you have here, sounds perfect for the coming CNY treat.
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are stunning S! Lemon, Lime and Basil make this an exceptional cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous lemon lime basil cookies ! Love them! Glad to do citrus-love with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound so good. I love the lemon-line combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the flavors in your cookies and they look so pretty too! So happy to host #citruslove with you this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone! It really was a delicious recipe and that's thanks to Russell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos of delicious cookies! Hooray for the #citrusbloghop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful symphony of flavors......
    I bet these cookies taste divine:-)
    Beautiful pics, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. lemon and lime are beautiful together! love the cookie recipe! sending some #citruslove to you. hope all is well, sylvia!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet and savory cookies sound wonderful! Ever since I fell in love with basil ice cream I've been on the look out for recipes just like this. Yummy! Great hop you've got going here. I'll try to get something posted this month and hook up. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm, that sounds delicious. What a unique flavor for a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just the name is mouthwatering. brilliant pairing!! Love these cookies and the blog hopping company!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by and showing some citrus love! I am repaying the favor :) Thanks for the follow as well! I am now following you on twitter and facebook! :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Major yum! I love lemon cookies and love your addition of the lime and basil. I'm making these soon! Sending you some #citruslove!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The herby and zesty aroma of these cookies must be so alluring.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I adore basil, and love when sweet treats have that delicious herb. Your cookies look lovely, love the flavor combo! Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an amazing cookies recipes! I love this combination. If I don't bake something with lemon soon I will go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh yummm! i love the lemon lime and basil combination.. just thinking about it makes my mouth water! gorgeous cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Killer cookies! I love the lemon and lime with the basil! What a combo of flavors - they look amazing! Great co-hosting #citruslove with you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. these look amazing!! living in florida means I love love love citrus fruits so I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These look so good. I love the green flecks of lime in the cookies, not to mention the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such lovely photos! And they look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great combination Sylvia! I've seen a lot of citrus posts this month, but this one is unique and stands out. You take gorgeous cookie pictures too (flat object like this is my new dilemma)!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm puckering "as we speak" Sylvia. What a fun event for January. I wouldn't mind one of your lovely cookies at the moment. They look so enticing and quite delectable!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  38. They look wonderfully yummy. I love citrus desserts. They are a favourite of mine. Gorgeous cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am overjoyed to have found your blog, Sylvia and have entered this delightful blog hop! Greetings everyone, happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a lovely and delicious collection of citrus recipes! I am bookmarking this post for future reference:D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just read about your citrus blog hop and I linked my Lemon Pound Cake. I got here via The Sweet Cupcaker, via Sweet Tooth Friday! Thanks for hosting. You have some delicious recipes posted on your hop! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Divine cookies and great roundup!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hey! It's Russell from Chasing Delicious here. I'm so glad you found my cookie recipe and gave it a try! I've started a new feature at my site called Recipe Linkup where I'm linking to bloggers who have tried my recipes or made their own recipes inspired by mine and have posted about them. I was wondering if you'd be interested. If so you can email me at russell at chasingdelicious dot com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...