100g Pearl Barley (Rinsed under running water)
3 Pandan/Screwpine Leaves (Rinsed and tied into a knot) - Optional
10 candied winter melon - Optional
1.2l of water
Rock Sugar to taste
|Candied Winter Melon|
1) Place Pearl Barley, Pandan Leaves, Candied Winter Melon and water in a pot and bring to boil.
2) Once boiled, lower the heat and simmer for about 45 mins.
3) At this point, add rock sugar to taste. I didn't add any as the water was already slightly sweet from the candied winter melon.
4) Strain off the grains immediately as it'll start to soak up the liquid if it's left sitting in the water. Just add the grains back to the water once you've scooped it into a cup.
5) Drink hot or cold. It's pretty refreshing when it's cold.