Sunday, 4 September 2011
ANZAC Cookies (Coconut Oats Cookies)
Ever since I came across ANZAC cookies on Three Cookies blog, I just knew I had to try them as they sounded so delicious and he's always raving about them!!! Indeed they were very tasty! Crisp, chewy and very fragrant!! I could just these the whole day long! Sigh.... If only they won't be make me fat!!!!
ANZAC cookies come from Australia and New Zealand and stands for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. Visit history of the anzac cookie to read a bit more about how this cookie was invented.
I also passed some to my New Zealander friend and he gave the thumps up so this is definitely a recipe to keep in my over flowing recipe folder!!
Recipe adapted from Three Cookies .
Makes 33 cookies.
75g light olive oil
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated cocomut
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon bocarbonate of soda
1 tablespoons boiling water
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2) Melt butter, olive oil and golden syrup in a saucepan.
3) Add bicarbonate of soda mixed with boiling water.
4) Combine all dry ingredients then add melted mixture and mix well.
5) Roll teapoonsful of the mixture into balls, place on baking tray and flatten slightly.
Place them about 2-3 cm apart as they do spread during baking.
6) Bake until golden brown.(about 10-15 mins)