Foodbuzz

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pulled Pork Heaven at Pitt Cue

Pin It!
Queueing... I really seem to like doing that recently. Did just that for 1hr 45mins last week to get my hands on a perfectly cooked lobster at Burger and Lobster last week and this week, am doing just that for some pulled pork!! Ok, I lie, I didn't exactly queue too much this week as we made our way to Pitt Cue 15mins before it's opening so technically, i waited just 15mins. :P There was a menu hanging by the window next to us so it was a good time to decide on our order.
Arriving early was indeed a very good decision as there were at least 30 people in the queue when the doors were opened! Being 2nd in the queue, we were immediately brought down to the tiny basement 18 seater dining area together with some other early birds. As for the rest, they either sat at the 6 seater counter by the windows available on the tiny ground floor or ordered a drink and waited by the bar counter.

Orders were taken and we didn't have to wait too long before the drinks and food arrived. I was very happy that A&W root beer was on the menu as it's not usually served in restaurants. They produced the best tasting root beer ever in my opinion and drinking it sure brought back some childhood memories of having A&W coney dog and root beer float! Ahhh...... so refreshing in hot and humid Singapore!
The stars of the show arrived shortly after and gosh! It was love at first bite for the pulled pork! Unbelievable tender,smokey and tasty shredded pieces of pork immediately put a smile on my face! The shoulder of pork is smoked for 8 to 10 hrs depending on it's size until it just drops off the bone and mixed with BBQ sauce. I ordered homemade baked beans as a side which was made up of a mix of cannellini beans and black beans, both smoked and cooked with bbq sauce too. The pickled cucumber and slaw made for a very nice accompaniment to the pulled pork as it cuts through the salty, smoky and sweet flavour nicely.
My hubby had the equally popular juicy, sticky, finger licking good, humongous piece of beef ribs which was a true winner as well! Best way to eat it was definitely with your hands!
Simple yet well done!


Pitt Cue
1 Newburgh St
Soho
London W1F 7RB

10 comments:

  1. Why don't I live in London??? It sounds like it has everything I need in terms of eating out: lobsters and now this luscious looking pork... It reminds me of all the real BBQ recipes I saw on some Southern US blogs... Thanks for sharing one more excellent address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Move over here! haha With your great cooking skills, am sure you'll be able to recreated these dishes so easily!

      Delete
  2. OMG Pulled pork AND root beer? I don't think I can stand it. I'd trade one of the cats for your meal. No root beer in Australia that I can find and I've looked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yum!!! Come to think of it, I haven't seen A&W root beer in the shops but maybe I wasn't searching hard enough. :P

      Delete
  3. A great place to spend with good food...Yum! The rootbeer picture made me want a can too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Sylvia, I may need a bit of education here. What does Queueing entail?

    The food looks fabulous! I was just talking to someone on twitter who was looking for a root beer recipe. I do have a very old one but I think there are more modern ones available online. Of course it probably won't be as good as A&W but in a pinch for a root beer float it may just do.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queueing just means waiting for something and in this case, a table in the restaurant. :)
      Is it easy to make root beer at home?

      Delete
  5. Seriously, that rib... I am actually very famous for a big rib eater among my friends. My friend is a great smoker and he makes super delicious ribs. I eat like a man... LOL! Anyway,, I'd love to go eat with you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over and I'll bring you there to have a feast!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...