One of the first recipe I've tried from her massive collection of recipes is the Negi Miso Chicken and yes it's simply delish! It's versatile too as according to Nami, it can be used as a dip, a marinade for fish or meat and to make yaki onigiri(grilled rice balls) too. I used leeks in place of the Tokyo Negi and I found this recipe really interesting as I won't usually think of using a vegetable to marinade chicken!
Adapted from Just One Cookbook.
- Ingredients for Negi Miso
- 1 cup (packed) Leeks (1 green top part)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp. miso
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- Ingredients for Negi Miso Chicken
- Negi Miso
- 5 Chicken thighs/breasts
Method for Negi Miso:
- Chop green part of the leeks into fine rounds.
- In a large frying pan, heat sesame oil on high heat and stir fry leeks until wilted.
- Add seasoning and keep stirring. Miso burns easily so keep stirring while you cook. Once dehydrated, turn off the heat and set aside to cool down.
Method for Negi Miso Chicken:
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel. In a bowl or Ziploc bag, combine the chicken with Negi Miso and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Instead of pan frying the chicken, i roasted the chicken at 200 deg C for 30 mins and it was delicious too!!