Foodbuzz

Sunday 2 October 2011

Coconut Shortbread cookies

Pin It!
I've had this recipe for quite a while as it's one that works all the time as the shortbread  comes out short/crumbly and addictive every time! I've always used the recipe (though I've forgotten where I first got it from) as it is but this time round I thought that I'll just play around with it a little since I still had some desiccated coconut from when I made the delicious ANZAC cookies. I replaced some of the flour with the coconut and what do you know!??! It's works!! Coconut added another layer of texture which I really enjoyed! Definitely one for coconut lovers!!
Ingredients (make around 24 2.5cm cookies)
125g butter
55g caster sugar
120g plain flour
60g Desiccated Coconut

Method 

1. Beat the butter and the sugar together until pale.
2. Stir in the flour and coconut to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm thick.
3. Cut into rounds or fingers and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Heat then oven to 190C
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack
.

14 comments:

  1. I like the addition of coconut to a buttery shortbread cookie-creates a wonderful extra taste as well as nice texture. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coconut shortbread cookies look so delicious and with such minimal ingredients, they are calling me to bake them too! Thanks for sharing!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply adore Shortbread cookies, Sylvia. I love the addition of coconut. It sounds delicious! I want to jump right through the screen and grab one right now!

    And wouldn't you know it, October is National Cookie Month!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. Drop by my blog when you get a chance, we're having a Cookbook Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shortbreads are one of my favorite cookies, but I've never had one with coconut. These sounds quite good! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I would love to have a big handful right now! I've made 'double' coconut shortbread with coconut and also replaced butter with coconut oil, thats nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina: Oh yes, it was a great addition to an already yummy cookie!
    Jeannie: Give it a go and let me know if you like it too. :)
    louise: grab away! ;P ooh, i didn't know that it was cookie month! I'll have to bake more cookies this month in that the case! A cookbook party?! how cool!
    mjskit: Thanks for the complements! Try it out soon and i hope you'll like it!
    lina: they are on the way! ;P
    Three cookies: a double coconut shortbread sounds great! will hop by to get the recipe from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooooooooove coconut and shortbread is my #1 fav cookies. These cookies won't last at my house too long, guaranteed. Maximum 30 mins? Haha. They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used coconut in shortbread and, suddenly, I don't know why! What a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm brand new to your blog. Just wanted to tell you I really love your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the texture of these is amazing! Coconut tends to have that effect on...everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look lovely Slyvia! I love coconut in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I don't bake but the aroma of coconut in these buttery shortbread cookies is surely alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...