Foodbuzz

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Lake District - Derwentwater

Pin It!
Time seem to just fly by and it's Feb already! Where did Jan go? It just turned much colder over here but I guess we are considered quite lucky as it's been a pretty mild winter until now. Though a little too cold for comfort, Feb means that it's almost the end of winter and Spring will be here soon!! What does one do when the the weather gets warmer and the days longer? Go on holidays!! Woohoo! It's time to start planning! I should really visit places I've yet to step foot in but there are some that I would really love to visit again. One of which is Derwentwater in the Lake District. Derwentwater is the name of the Lake that's easily accessible from the towns of Keswick and Borrowdale. 
It's surrounded by fells (mountains) of various difficulty and it can get quite crowded with hikers during the high season. When we were there, we conquered Catbells (451 meters) and Walla Crag (378 meters). Catbells was a little more difficult as hands were needed to make the climb, however, the views from the top was well worth the effort! Simply breathtaking!
Isn't it worth another trip? ;)














10 comments:

  1. Nice photos. Are those oysters in the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are some fungi we saw on a tree trunk. not too sure what kind they were though.

      Delete
  2. Oh, a beautiful place I dream of visiting someday! I really miss England.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought me good memories!

    Lake District never really changed, huh? It seems to be this way about 10 yrs ago. Yes, it has been that long since I last visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think it'll change in years to come. I hope it doesn't get changed too as it's pretty as it is. :)

      Delete
  4. How beautiful!!!! I like the lake pictures, but somehow I was drawn into the 3rd picture... so pretty! Yeah you should plan a vacation and take us there (with photos of course). =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad you enjoyed the pictures. and yes, I shall take everyone along with me! through pics! :)

      Delete
  5. Such lovely view. Love it! :)

    I especially like the birdies each taking a rest on the pole at the lake. So cute. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...