Yaki Udon is one of the dishes we cook quite frequently during week as it's really quick. Just right for a no fuss dinner after a long day at work. However, I usually cook it with whatever I have in the fridge so it kinda becomes a fusion style Yaki Udon which is still tasty all the same! :) Some of the non authentic ingredient's I've used includes bak choi, brown mushrooms and red peppers.
2 packs pre boiled Udon Noodles
One onion sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 carrot peeled and cut into small strips
3 small bak choi, stem and leaves seperated1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp tamari sauce (or according to taste)
1.5 tbsp mirin (or according to taste)
- Blanch the udon for about a minute to separate and remove the oiliness
- Heat oil on a medium heat in a wok
- Stirfry onions until soft
- Add in carrots, peppers and fry for a few minutes
- Add in bak choi stems and fry for 2 mins
- Add Udon, and fry for another min before adding bak choi leaves and seasonings
- Yaki Udon is ready once leaves have wilted
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve.