Foodbuzz

Saturday 24 December 2011

Super easy coconut cookies

Pin It!
I came home from work on Friday night and really really wanted to have some coconut cookies. I've made Coconut shortbread cookies before but this time i really wanted a cookie with lots more chewy coconut goodness in it and made without butter. I also want it to be super easy as I just had a long week at work so I went surfing for recipe and found one from Best recipes that I could easily adapt. So off i went doing my usual practise of replacing butter with olive oil and reducing the amount of sugar and yes it was another winner of a cookie!!! It turned out crisp on the outside and chewy in the centre! Spectacular cookie this is as I couldn't stop eating them!!
This is a also great recipe for Christmas baking as it's extremely quick and easy. Perfect for some last minute baking treats! Merry Blessed Christmas everyone!!!
Ingredients (makes around 30 cookies)
Adapted from Best Recipes
1 heaped cup self raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup light olive oil


Method
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Place teaspoonfuls of cookie dough on a baking tray, spaced about 3 cm apart
- Bake for 12 - 14 mins depending on how crisp you like it.


6 comments:

  1. These are some great looking coconut cookies! I can see why you had a craving for them. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great one! Happy New year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconutty treats and those cookies looks wonderful!

    Happy New Year, dear!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love coconut deserts and these cookies sound so good Sylvia!
    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very easy to make - I just bookmarked! I love coconut so I know I'll love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...