I've been visiting maangchi.com since my friend, Evelyn, a very keen cook, introduced me to it. Love this website as it contains easy and delicious Korean recipes and I for one, don't know too much about Korean food other than Korean BBQ, kimchi, bibimbap(mixed rice), pajeon(green onion pancake and bulgogi(marinated BBQ beef). Yup, i think that's about it. Oh and kimchi chigae (kimchi soup). :P So I am definitely learning more about Korean food through this website!!
Here's one easy side dish that i made recently, Chamchijeon or Tuna Pancakes. Some how it kinda changes the taste of canned tuna and is somewhat chewy and really tasty so it's a winner!!
Adapted from Maangchi. com
Ingredients (for 2-3 servings):
1 can of tuna (5 oz: 142 grams)
ground black pepper,
- Strain out the liquid from a can of tuna and place it in a bowl
- Add ¼ cup chopped onion, 1 minced garlic, 1ts salt, ¼ ts ground black pepper, 1 egg, 1 ts sesame oil, chives and 2 tbs flour to the tuna and mix it well.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and spread 1-2 tbs canola oil.
- Scoop a spoonful of the tuna mixture with a spoon and place it on the heated pan.
- Press slightly and round the edges with the spoon.
- Make 6 small size pancakes with the tuna mixture.
- When the bottom is cooked golden brown, turn it over and cook until both sides of the pancakes are golden brown. Total cooking time is 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and serve with rice.